A good start is always to remove items from the Outlook “Deleted Items” folder and also configure the SimpleSYN backup functionality to remove outdated items.
This can be done in SimpleSYN under “Options -> Advanced options -> Remove backed up items”. Here you can specify the period of time after which the items are to be permanently removed from the backup folder.
Please make a Outlook repair installation on this computer. Please follow this instruction:
Important: choose a full online Outlook repair installation and NOT a quick repair.
Open the SimpleSYN main window and go to "Options -> Advanced Options". Under "Outlook Version", select the version of Outlook you are using and save the settings.
Then close SimpleSYN by right-clicking on the SimpleSYN icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar and restart SimpleSYN.
SimpleSYN supports the following versions of Microsoft® Windows® and Outlook®
- Microsoft® Windows®
- Windows® 10 , version 1909 or newer (x86/x64)
- Microsoft® Windows® Server
- Windows® Server 2016 (x86/x64)
- Windows® Server 2012 (x86/x64)
- Microsoft® Outlook®
- Office 365® with Outlook® (x86/x64)
- Outlook® 2019 (x86/x64)
- Outlook® 2016 (x86/x64)
- Outlook® 2013 (x86/x64)
For the program to run smoothly there are the following requirements
- A active Internet connection is required during the synchronization (SimpleSYN Business and SimpleSYN Standard) and the PCs must be turned on at the same time (no cloud service is used)
- The Windows service is only available in the SimpleSYN business version. In the SimpleSYN standard version, a Windows user must be logged in to the computer for synchronization
- You cannot synchronize your Google calendar or iCloud data with SimpleSYN
In this case there is an problem on the file "SimpleSYN.config", so SimpleSYN can not be started anymore.
To repair SimpleSYN on this computer, please follow these steps:
- Open a Windows Explorer and navigate to this directory:
For Version 4:
For Version 5:
- In this directory you will find the file: “SimpleSYN.config” (may also be shown as just “SimpleSYN” without the extension .config).
- Delete this file
- Restart SimpleSYN
Then SimpleSYN starts normally again. You would then need to activate SimpleSYN only once with your license file.
If you no longer have the license, contact our support.
If you want to exit SimpleSYN if Outlook is closed, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the SimpleSYN icon in the Windows notification area and choose “Exit”
- Close any Outlook window
- Open the SimpleSYN Add-In configuration file with a text editor like notepad. The configuration file can be found in:
At Version 4:
C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Local\SimpleSYN\184.108.40.206\[Outlook profile name].addin.config
At Version 5:
C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Local\SimpleSYN\220.127.116.11\[Outlook profile name].addin.config
- Add the following code in the section between <appSettings> and </appSettings>:
<!-- SimpleSYN is exited when Outlook is being closed. -->
<add key="AutoExitSimpleSyn" value="true" />
<!-- SimpleSYN is started if the Add-In is being loaded. -->
<add key="AutoStartSimpleSyn" value="true" />
- Open Outlook again.
The SimpleSYN business version can be started by a Windows service. If the option "Start as Windows service" is activated in the advanced options, then SimpleSYN automatically starts in the background when the Windows starts, without a Windows user having to log on to the system.
The SimpleSYN standard version 4 and all older versions do not support Windows service. The synchronization takes place here only if a user is logged on to the computer and SimpleSYN is executed.
SimpleSYN requires a unique configuration and a unique certificate for each PC.
SimpleSYN must be completely reset to one of the clients. Then SimpleSYN can be reinstalled and set up.
Follow these steps:
- Uninstall SimpleSYN first under the Windows Control Panel "Programs / Features" or under Apps on Windows 10
- Then enter the following line in Windows Explorer:
- Find the folder SimpleSYN here and delete this folder.
Then delete the SimpleSYN certificate as follows:
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Go to "Internet Options"
- Click the "Content" tab
- Click on "Certificates"
- In the next window under "Display name" search for the SimpleSYN entries, mark the respective entry and click on "Remove"
Then you can reinstall SimpleSYN and set it up again. The initial synchronization will be run once again.
Please check the following things:
- Select the right Outlook version in SimpleSYN under Options -> Advanced Options under “Outlook version”. Save the settings and restart SimpleSYN again
- Make sure neither Outlook nor SimpleSYN is started with administrator rights
- Check if SimpleSYN and Outlook are using the same Outlook profile. You can see the Outlook profil in SimpleSYN in the main window > Options
- Finally, if the behavior still occurs, then make an Outlook repair installation (Important: choose a full repair installation, if you use Outlook 2019, 2016 or 2013) on this computer
The message "destination folder was not found" appears if the top folder level in Outlook (eg "Personal folders") has been named differently on the SimpleSYN client and SimpleSYN server. In this case, SimpleSYN can not assign the destination folders automatically because no new PST files are created by SimpleSYN.
Click on the "Select a different target folder" link and select the folder where you want to sync.
Alternatively, you can name the highest folder level identically on all computers in advance.
You can easily upgrade Outlook (Office). The previous version does not need to be uninstalled. SimpleSYN automatically detects the new Outlook version.
Install Outlook in the same bit version as the previous version, either in 32-bit or 64-bit.
If you want to install Outlook in a different bit version than the previous version, first uninstall SimpleSYN and reinstall SimpleSYN after the Outlook update.
Press on your server computer inside of SimpleSYN’s main window once the “Alt” key to open the main menu and choose the menu item “View > State Properties.
If you open the state database properties (Tab “General”) on the server, do you see any old client that is not synchronized anymore (you can see this from the last synchronization date)?
If yes, please click on this client and click on “remove”. This will delete the status for the selected client will make some space available in the status database.
SimpleSYN can not be used to synchronize between a POP3 account and an IMAP account. Use the same account type on the PCs (either POP3 or IMAP).
If you use a POP3 account on all PCs, you can also synchronize the e-mail folders (for example, Inbox) with SimpleSYN.
If you use an IMAP account on your PC, then the e-mail folders are automatically synchronized by default, since an IMAP account is server-based. The e-mail folders of an IMAP account should therefore not be selected in addition to the synchronization, since otherwise it can lead to complications with SimpleSYN (as of version 5, e-mail folders of an IMAP account are also no longer selectable). If you use an IMAP account, SimpleSYN allows you to synchronize all other local folders (such as tasks, calendars, contacts, or notes).
No, all of these devices are not supported by SimpleSYN.
SimpleSYN synchronizes Outlook installations with each other; a computer running Windows 10 (32bit/64bit) is essential.
If you wish to synchronize Outlook on your iPhone, Windows Phone or Android device, please contact the manufacturer of your device.
SimpleSYN Standard is fully compatible with the Business Version. You can only synchronize over a local network with the standard version, however.
Please note: The SimpleSYN server has to be in the same local network as the client.
Further note: The Configuration Wizard in the standard version cannot establish a connection with the SimpleSYN server if the SimpleSYN server is configured for synchronization via the Internet.
To call up the Configuration Wizard again, please follow these steps:
- Open the SimpleSYN user interface
- Press the “Alt“ key to show the SimpleSYN menu
- In the menu under “Help” activate the entry “Show Configuration Wizard on next startup“
- Exit SimpleSYN. To do so right-click on the SimpleSYN symbol in the Windows system tray and choose “Exit”
The next time SimpleSYN is opened the configuration window will be displayed again.