SimpleSYN supports the following versions of Microsoft® Windows® and Outlook®
- Microsoft® Windows®
- Windows® 10 Anniversary Update or newer (32-bit/64-bit)
- Windows® 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Windows® 7 SP1 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® Server
- Windows® Server 2016
- Windows® Server 2012
- Microsoft® Outlook®
- Office 365® with Outlook®
- Outlook® 2019 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Outlook® 2016 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Outlook® 2013 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Outlook® 2010 (32-bit/64-bit)
For the program to run smoothly there are the following requirements
- A active Internet connection is required during the synchronization (SimpleSYN Business and SimpleSYN Standard) and the PCs must be turned on at the same time (no cloud service is used)
- The Windows service is only available in the SimpleSYN business version. In the SimpleSYN standard version, a Windows user must be logged in to the computer for synchronization
- You cannot synchronize your Google calendar or iCloud data with SimpleSYN
SimpleSYN version 5 supports the following versions of Microsoft Outlook:
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2010 (32-bit/64-bit, Click-to-Run)
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2013 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2016 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Office 365® with Outlook®
- Outlook® 2019 (32-bit/64-bit)
The SimpleSYN Business Version 4 installs a Windows service. If the option "Start as Windows service" is activated in the options, then SimpleSYN automatically starts in the background when the Windows starts, without a Windows user having to log on to the system.
The SimpleSYN standard version 4 and all older versions do not support Windows service. The synchronization takes place here only if a user is logged on to the computer and SimpleSYN is executed.
SimpleSYN requires a unique configuration and a unique certificate for each PC.
SimpleSYN must be completely reset to one of the clients. Then SimpleSYN can be reinstalled and set up.
Follow these steps:
- Uninstall SimpleSYN first under the Windows Control Panel "Programs / Features" or under Apps on Windows 10
- Then enter the following line in Windows Explorer:
- Find the folder SimpleSYN here and delete this folder.
Then delete the SimpleSYN certificate as follows:
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Go to "Internet Options"
- Click the "Content" tab
- Click on "Certificates"
- In the next window under "Display name" search for the SimpleSYN entries, mark the respective entry and click on "Remove"
Then you can reinstall SimpleSYN and set it up again. The initial synchronization will be run once again.
Please check the following things:
- Make sure, that you have not restricted the folders on your computers. You find this function on your client computer in the main window > synchronization settings > Advanced client settings. On your server computer you can find this function on the “main window > synchronization settings. Under “Available Folders” make sure that you have activated some folders
- Make sure neither Outlook nor SimpleSYN is started with administrator rights.
- Check if SimpleSYN and Outlook are using the same Outlook profile. You can see the Outlook profil in SimpleSYN in the main window > Options
- Make sure SimpleSYN is not started with compatibility settings enabled. To check this, right click on the SimpleSYN shortcut and select “Properties”. Click on “Compatibility” and remove tick in the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode”. It is possible, that this setting was somehow enabled during the Windows 10 upgrade.
- If you have multiple Outlook versions installed concurrently, select the right version in SimpleSYN under Options -> Advanced Options
The message "destination folder was not found" appears if the top folder level in Outlook (eg "Personal folders") has been named differently on the SimpleSYN client and SimpleSYN server. In this case, SimpleSYN can not assign the destination folders automatically because no new PST files are created by SimpleSYN.
Click on the "Select a different target folder" link and select the folder where you want to sync.
Alternatively, you can name the highest folder level identically on all computers in advance.
You`ll need a license per computer you want to synchronize.
For example: If you wish to synchronize Outlook between your laptop and your desktop computer, you will need two licenses. If you want to synchronize 3 computers, you`ll need 3 licenses, etc. If you want to use SimpleSYN on a terminal server with different users, you need a license for each user.
- A SimpleSYN standard license costs 19.95 € per computer (including 19% VAT)
- A SimpleSYN business license costs 34.95 € euros per computer (including 19% VAT
Ask about our discounts for school, university students, teachers and multiple licenses
You can easily upgrade Outlook (Office). The previous version does not need to be uninstalled. SimpleSYN automatically detects the new Outlook version.
Install Outlook in the same bit version as the previous version, either in 32-bit or 64-bit.
If you want to install Outlook in a different bit version than the previous version, first uninstall SimpleSYN and reinstall SimpleSYN after the Outlook update.
Press on your server computer inside of SimpleSYN’s main window once the “Alt” key to open the main menu and choose the menu item “View > State Properties.
If you open the state database properties (Tab “General”) on the server, do you see any old client that is not synchronized anymore (you can see this from the last synchronization date)?
If yes, please click on this client and click on “remove”. This will delete the status for the selected client will make some space available in the status database.
No, all of these devices are not supported by SimpleSYN.
SimpleSYN synchronizes Outlook installations with each other; a computer running Windows Vista (32bit/64bit), Windows 7 (32bit/64bit), Windows 8 (32bit/64bit) or Windows 10 (32bit/64bit) is essential.
If you wish to synchronize Outlook on your iPhone, Windows Phone or Android device, please contact the manufacturer of your device.
SimpleSYN Standard is fully compatible with the Business Version. You can only synchronize over a local network with the standard version, however.
Please note: The SimpleSYN server has to be in the same local network as the client.
Further note: The Configuration Wizard in the standard version cannot establish a connection with the SimpleSYN server if the SimpleSYN server is configured for synchronization via the Internet.
To call up the Configuration Wizard again, please follow these steps:
- Open the SimpleSYN user interface
- Press the “Alt“ key to show the SimpleSYN menu
- In the menu under “Help” activate the entry “Show Configuration Wizard on next startup“
- Exit SimpleSYN. To do so right-click on the SimpleSYN symbol in the Windows system tray and choose “Exit”
The next time SimpleSYN is opened the configuration window will be displayed again.
Provided you have made changes to the default settings of the color categories, you will have to manually set up the list of color categories (formerly main category list) identically on all computers. The category list is not synchronized by SimpleSYN. The assigned categories in the items, however, are kept and synchronized by SimpleSYN.
SimpleSYN requires an active internet connection for its operation. The internet connection is required to connect to a central server operated by SimpleSYN. This server is used to help in the establishment of a direct connection between the SimpleSYN server and SimpleSYN client. Only data required for establishing the connection is transferred via this central server. After establishing an connection, SimpleSYN uses the best connectivity available.
If SimpleSYN Business is used to synchronize via the Internet and it is impossible to create a direct connection between SimpleSYN server and SimpleSYN client, e.g. because of Firewalls NAT or Routers are blocking the direct connection, SimpleSYN uses a relay server as a last resort. This relay server allows SimpleSYN to communicate even if only outgoing traffic is allowed from your networks.
In either case the connection between SimpleSYN will always use an SSL/TLS encryption respectively.
Your Outlook data is never transferred in clear-text nor stored permanently on our Internet servers (no Cloud).
Note: Proxy-Servers are not supported by SimpleSYN. SimpleSYN must communicate with our servers located at services.simplesyn.net.
SimpleSYN requires the following outbound TCP connections:
49152 – 59152