Duplicate e-mails can occur on an POP3 account, when e-mails from more than one computer being synchronized are requested from the e-mail server. This is the case if the Outlook function “Leave copy of messages on the server” was activated in a POP3 E-mail account.
The tricky here is that SimpleSYN cannot force Outlook to stop downloading an email a second time on another computer. If the first computer downloads the mail from the email server and it gets synchronized before the second computer downloads it, Outlook cannot detect that the email is already there. The second computer will than download the email from the email server and you got a duplicate. As the first email is also already synchronized, SimpleSYN assumes that the second download is intentional and synchronizes this copy too.
In this case deactivate the Outlook function “Leave copy of messages on the server” so as not to save e-mails in your mail server and download them repeatedly.
To deactivate this function follow these steps:
- Open Outlook
- Open the Backstage area by clicking on “File“
- In the category “Information” click on “Account Settings” and “Add or Remove Accounts…”
- Highlight the POP3 E-mail account in question and click on “Change“
- Click on “More Settings“
- In the tab “Advanced” deactivate the check box “Leave copy of messages on the server“
- Confirm the changes by clicking “OK“
- Click on “Next“ and then on “Finish“
E-Mail folders of IMAP accounts (eg Inbox or sent objects) are hidden in the "Synchronization settings", since IMAP already keeps the e-mail folders in sync (IMAP is server-based).
You can use SimpleSYN for all other folders such as calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, etc.
If you also want to synchronize e-mail folders with SimpleSYN, then use a POP3 account on all PCs.
You can easily upgrade Outlook (Office). The previous version does not need to be uninstalled. SimpleSYN automatically detects the new Outlook version.
Install Outlook in the same bit version as the previous version, either in 32-bit or 64-bit.
If you want to install Outlook in a different bit version than the previous version, first uninstall SimpleSYN and reinstall SimpleSYN after the Outlook update.
SimpleSYN requires a unique configuration and a unique certificate for each PC.
SimpleSYN must be completely reset to one of the clients. Then SimpleSYN can be reinstalled and set up.
Follow these steps:
- Uninstall SimpleSYN first under the Windows Control Panel "Programs / Features" or under Apps on Windows 10
- Then enter the following line in Windows Explorer:
- Find the folder SimpleSYN here and delete this folder.
Then delete the SimpleSYN certificate as follows:
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Go to "Internet Options"
- Click the "Content" tab
- Click on "Certificates"
- In the next window under "Display name" search for the SimpleSYN entries, mark the respective entry and click on "Remove"
Then you can reinstall SimpleSYN and set it up again. The initial synchronization will be run once again.
Open the SimpleSYN options > advanced options and under “Outlook version” select your current Outlook version (2016 or 2013). Save the settings and restart SimpleSYN.
If the behavior still occurs:
- Please uninstall SimpleSYN on this computer from the Windows control panel > program/features and install SimpleSYN once again
If the behavior still occurs:
- Make a Outlook repair installation (choose a full repair installation) on this computer. Please follow this instruction: https://support.office.com/en-us/Article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b
You purchase the desired license quantity on the website and initiate the order transaction, then follow the instructions. The payment process is handled by our sales partner Digital River GmbH (share-it!).
Ask about our discounts for school, university students, teachers and multiple licenses.
Share-it - Digital River GmbH
Tel.: +49 221 31088-30
Fax: +49 221 31088-99
To call up the Configuration Wizard again, please follow these steps:
- Open the SimpleSYN user interface
- Press the “Alt“ key to show the SimpleSYN menu
- In the menu under “Help” activate the entry “Show Configuration Wizard on next startup“
- Exit SimpleSYN. To do so right-click on the SimpleSYN symbol in the Windows system tray and choose “Exit”
The next time SimpleSYN is opened the configuration window will be displayed again.
Provided you have made changes to the default settings of the color categories, you will have to manually set up the list of color categories (formerly main category list) identically on all computers. The category list is not synchronized by SimpleSYN. The assigned categories in the items, however, are kept and synchronized by SimpleSYN.
Please contact our Support, with details on purchase date and order number.
You can reach our Support under the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or over the Support Form.
In emergencies you can reach our Support under the following telephone number:
Telephone: +49 511-53 46 22-4
We hope you will understand that we cannot always guarantee our availability by phone.
The SimpleSYN Business Version, in addition to all the features of the standard version, offers:
- Synchronization over the Internet
- Filter function - for synchronizing certain Outlook items
- Windows service - start SimpleSYN automatically even if no user is logged on to Window
SimpleSYN Standard is fully compatible with the Business Version. You can only synchronize over a local network with the standard version, however.
Please note: The SimpleSYN server has to be in the same local network as the client.
Further note: The Configuration Wizard in the standard version cannot establish a connection with the SimpleSYN server if the SimpleSYN server is configured for synchronization via the Internet.
The payment process is handled by our sales partner Digital River GmbH (share-it!).
No, the trial version has no restrictions whatsoever; you have access to the full potential of SimpleSYN. There is merely a dialog window on startup informing you how many days you have left on the test version, which you have to manually confirm. You can use and test SimpleSYN for 30 days, for free and noncommittal. After the trial period has ended SimpleSYN cannot be started.