SimpleSYN requires a unique configuration and a unique certificate for each PC.
SimpleSYN must be completely reset to one of the clients. Then SimpleSYN can be reinstalled and set up.
Follow these steps:
- Uninstall SimpleSYN first under the Windows Control Panel "Programs / Features" or under Apps on Windows 10
- Then enter the following line in Windows Explorer:
- Find the folder SimpleSYN here and delete this folder.
Then delete the SimpleSYN certificate as follows:
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Go to "Internet Options"
- Click the "Content" tab
- Click on "Certificates"
- In the next window under "Display name" search for the SimpleSYN entries, mark the respective entry and click on "Remove"
Then you can reinstall SimpleSYN and set it up again. The initial synchronization will be run once again.
Open the SimpleSYN options > advanced options and under “Outlook version” select your current Outlook version (2016 or 2013). Save the settings and restart SimpleSYN.
If the behavior still occurs:
- Please uninstall SimpleSYN on this computer from the Windows control panel > program/features and install SimpleSYN once again
If the behavior still occurs:
- Make a Outlook repair installation (choose a full repair installation) on this computer. Please follow this instruction: https://support.office.com/en-us/Article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b
Open the SimpleSYN main window and go to "Options -> Advanced Options". Under "Outlook Version", select the version of Outlook you are using and save the settings.
Then close SimpleSYN by right-clicking on the SimpleSYN icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar and restart SimpleSYN.
The SimpleSYN business version can be started by a Windows service. If the option "Start as Windows service" is activated in the advanced options, then SimpleSYN automatically starts in the background when the Windows starts, without a Windows user having to log on to the system.
The SimpleSYN standard version 4 and all older versions do not support Windows service. The synchronization takes place here only if a user is logged on to the computer and SimpleSYN is executed.
Please make a Outlook repair installation on this computer. Please follow this instruction:
Important: choose a full online Outlook repair installation and NOT a quick repair.
A good start is always to remove items from the Outlook “Deleted Items” folder and also configure the SimpleSYN backup functionality to remove outdated items.
This can be done in SimpleSYN under “Options -> Advanced options -> Remove backed up items”. Here you can specify the period of time after which the items are to be permanently removed from the backup folder.
Open the SimpleSYN main window> Options> advanced options on the PC.
Check the box next to "Enable Outlook Add-In" and save the page.
Then restart SimpleSYN.
Otherwise, check once in Outlook under File> Slow and deactivated COM add-ins whether in this area the add-in has been deactivated and reactivate the add-in if necessary.
E-Mail folders of IMAP accounts (eg Inbox or sent objects) are hidden in the "Synchronization settings", since IMAP already keeps the e-mail folders in sync (IMAP is server-based).
You can use SimpleSYN for all other local folders such as calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, etc.
If you also want to synchronize e-mail folders with SimpleSYN, then use a POP3 account on all PCs.
The SimpleSYN Business Version, in addition to all the features of the standard version, offers:
- Synchronization over the Internet.
- Filter function - for synchronizing certain Outlook items.
- Windows service - start SimpleSYN automatically even if no user is logged on to Window.
- Advanced synchronization options for reminders, categories and read status (version 6 and newer).
Close Outlook and SimpleSYN on the PC and then restart both applications.
If the behavior persists after that, check the following points:
- Select the right Outlook version in SimpleSYN under Options -> Advanced Options under “Outlook version”. Save the settings and restart SimpleSYN again.
- Make sure neither Outlook nor SimpleSYN is started with administrator rights..
- Check if SimpleSYN and Outlook are using the same Outlook profile. You can see the Outlook profil in SimpleSYN in the main window > Options.
No, Windows Mail is not supported by SimpleSYN. SimpleSYN supports the following versions of Outlook®:
- Microsoft/Office 365® with Outlook® (x86/x64)
- Outlook® 2021 (x86/x64)
- Outlook® 2019 (x86/x64)
- Outlook® 2016 (x86/x64)
- Outlook® 2013 (x86/x64)
But you can use SimpleSYN Mobile to synchronize Outlook® with Windows Mail.
When using the automatic synchronization it is also possible to synchronize all Outlook® subfolders automatically. The Outlook® subfolders will use the same synchronization direction and settings as their parent folder. Changes to the folder hierarchy below a selected folder are being synchronized.
Changes of the selected parent folder are not automatically synchronized. If a selected parent folder is being moved or deleted, the synchronization of this folder and all of its children will stop and is marked with a red X in the synchronization settings.
If you would like to continue synchronizing this folder at the new location, check the assignment of the folder in the synchronization settings on the client PC and save the page.
Moved subfolders are being deleted and completely resynchronized on the remote computer Deleted folders are also deleted on the remote side; all data inside the folder will be deleted in this case.
No, the trial version has no restrictions whatsoever; you have access to the full potential of SimpleSYN. There is merely a dialog window on startup informing you how many days you have left on the test version, which you have to manually confirm. You can use and test SimpleSYN for 30 days, for free and noncommittal. After the trial period has ended SimpleSYN cannot be started.
The message "destination folder was not found" appears if the top folder level in Outlook (eg "Personal folders") has been named differently on the SimpleSYN client and SimpleSYN server. In this case, SimpleSYN can not assign the destination folders automatically because no new PST files are created by SimpleSYN.
Click on the "Select a different target folder" link and select the folder where you want to sync.
Alternatively, you can name the highest folder level identically on all computers in advance.
Duplicate e-mails can occur on an POP3 account, when e-mails from more than one computer being synchronized are requested from the e-mail server. This is the case if the Outlook function “Leave copy of messages on the server” was activated in a POP3 E-mail account.
The tricky here is that SimpleSYN cannot force Outlook to stop downloading an email a second time on another computer. If the first computer downloads the mail from the email server and it gets synchronized before the second computer downloads it, Outlook cannot detect that the email is already there. The second computer will than download the email from the email server and you got a duplicate. As the first email is also already synchronized, SimpleSYN assumes that the second download is intentional and synchronizes this copy too.
In this case deactivate the Outlook function “Leave copy of messages on the server” so as not to save e-mails in your mail server and download them repeatedly.
To deactivate this function follow these steps:
- Open Outlook
- Open the Backstage area by clicking on “File“
- In the category “Information” click on “Account Settings” and “Add or Remove Accounts…”
- Highlight the POP3 E-mail account in question and click on “Change“
- Click on “More Settings“
- In the tab “Advanced” deactivate the check box “Leave copy of messages on the server“
- Confirm the changes by clicking “OK“
- Click on “Next“ and then on “Finish“
Yes, SimpleSYN is updated in irregular intervals (e.g. for Bugfixes).
All updates within the same main version (eg version 6.0 to version 6.0.1 etc.) are included. Major upgrades to new versions (eg version 5.x to version 6) are optional and available for an additional low price.